CricBattle Daily Fantasy Cricket League Tips
Australia v Pakistan on January 13
This ODI series is set to have big consequences for both teams beyond just these five matches themselves. For the likes of Adam Zampa, Travis Head as well as all-rounders Glenn Maxwell, James Faulkner and Mitchell Marsh, these games represent their last chance to push their case for selection on Australia's Test tour of India next month. And with so many strong performers currently on the sidelines, the Australian players are also jostling for selection ahead of the Champions Trophy in June. For Pakistan, the need for victories is even more urgent given they are currently the eighth-ranked one-day nation in the world, three rankings points ahead of the West Indies. If they drop out of the top eight by September this year, they'll miss out on automatic qualification for the 2019 World Cup and be forced to enter a 10-team qualifying tournament in Bangladesh in 2018.
· Best economical pick – Sharjeel Khan The powerfully-built Pakistan opener showed a glimpse of his potential on Test debut in Sydney and tuned up for the series with a 39-ball innings of 62 against a young Cricket Australia XI on Tuesday. The left-hander will give Pakistan plenty of impetus should he get going and his best form - he hammered nine sixes in scoring 152 from just 86 balls against Ireland last year - will be sensational to watch.
· Top captains & vice captains – The Australian skipper Steven Smith, who was the man of the series in the test series against Pakistan will look to continue his good form in the limited overs format also. Babar Azam had a Test series he'd rather forget, but Pakistan's Babar Azam heads into the series on the verge of breaking one of the oldest records in one-day cricket. The 22-year-old enters the first ODI on Friday needing 114 runs in two innings to become the fastest man to 1000 career runs, with the mark of 21 innings first set 37 years ago by the legendary Viv Richards.
· Smart pick – Chris Lynn One of the hottest batsmen in the world at the moment, Lynn's irresistible form for the Brisbane Heat is set to launch him into the ODI side for the very first time. The right-hander's incredible innings in Perth last week, where he equaled a BBL record of 11 sixes.
· Cautions Pick – What will worry the Pakistani team management is the form of opening bowler Mohammad Amir. Amir is yet to take a fifer after his return to international cricket.
· My XI – Steve Smith (Captain),Babar Azam (Vice-Captain),Chris Lynn, Sharjeel Khan, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc, Billy Stanlake, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Rizwan, David Warner, Azhar Ali
Use a Facebook
name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear
with your comment.