CricBattle Daily Fantasy Cricket League Tips
New Zealand v Bangladesh on January 12
· After limited overs, New Zealand hosts Bangladesh for two Tests. The venue for the first Test will be Basin Reserve in Wellington. New Zealand and Bangladesh have played 6 Test matches against each other. Kiwis have won three while three matches ended in a draws. What can Bangladesh come out with in the new calendar year? Mashrafe Mortaza's side were outclassed in every department by the Black Caps in the three-match ODI and T20 series right at the end of 2016. Can the visitors overturn that whitewash loss now? The confidence is definitely low in the Bangladesh camp but if they play with no pressure at all and also address the weakness they have discovered from the ODI and T20 series, Mushafiqur's men could still get the favorable result. Nothing is impossible here. For New Zealand, the likes of Tom Latham and Jeet Raval are expected to continue their impressive form.
· Best economical pick – With 3349 runs from 44 Tests with an average of 40.34 Tamim Iqbal is Bangladesh’s main weapon and if Bangladesh are to give some sort of contest to the Kiwis, he will need to be in top form.
· Top captains & vice captains – The New Zealand skipper Kane Williamson, have the personnel to continue his golden run of form against Bangladesh. He was the man of the series in the T20I series against Bangladesh. The Bangladeshi batting is dependent on skipper Mushafiqur Rahim who will need to fire every time they are at the crease.
· Smart pick – – On the flipside, Bangladesh have to be wary about the New Zealand pace battery, consisting Trent Boult, Tim Southee and Matt Henry, which "suits all conditions" in order to prevent humiliation.
· Cautions Pick – For Bangladesh, Soumya Sarkar needs to step up now. The 23-year-old batsman is expected to impress with his batting and his giving a good start to his team definitely remains the key.
My XI – Kane Williamson (Captain), Mushfiqur Rahim (Vice-Captain), Trent Boult, Tamim Iqbal, Jeet Raval, Matt Henry, Rubel Hossain, Shakib Al Hasan, Mominul Haque, Mehedi Hasan, Neil Wagner
Use a Facebook
name, photo & other personal information you make public on Facebook will appear
with your comment.